Recipe of the Week: Mini Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
Every morning, on my drive to work, I enjoy a muffin that my wife prepared for me at the beginning of the week. Muffins are fast and easy to eat on the go. With a healthy recipe like the one we are featuring below, you are starting your day right. Have a look and enjoy baking.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes 48 mini muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter, and pumpkin in a separate bowl. Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips; pour into each cup of the muffin pan to about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.
Discuss your health and nutrition in our forum!
Check out last weeks featured healthy recipe by clicking here.