Chicken is the white meat which offers so much variety which can do a nice job of keeping your taste buds from getting bored. Today I am introducing you to a nice twist on a classic Asian favorite. Maple Syrup Teriyaki Chicken is a simple recipe which packs a punch when it comes to taste. Have a look at the recipe below and let us know what you think after you cook it up.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Recipe makes 5 servings
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Mix the soy sauce, 1 cup water, maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Set aside 1/3 cup of the mixture. Place the chicken in the bag, seal, and marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place the rice in a saucepan with 2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven broiler. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Pour marinade from the bag into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Mix in the cornstarch, and cook and stir until thickened.
- Place chicken in the prepared baking dish. Basting frequently with the reserved 1/3 cup marinade, broil 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Place chicken over the cooked rice, and top with boiled marinade to serve.
Discuss your health and nutrition in our forum!
Check out last weeks features healthy recipe by clicking here.