Lets get our Lamb on this week with our Lemon and Oregano Lamb Chop recipe. If you are in the mood to change up the protein you have been using within your meals, lamb is one to consider. Try out the recipe below and let us know what you think in the comments below.
4 servings, 2 lamb chops & 3 tablespoons sauce each
- Freshly grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 lamb loin chops (1 1/2-1 3/4 pounds total), trimmed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- 1/4 cup diced seeded cucumber, peeled if desired
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1-3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine lemon zest, oregano, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the mixture onto both sides of lamb chops and set aside for at least 10 minutes or refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine tahini, yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, parsley and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Whisk in enough water to thin the sauce to desired consistency.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb chops and cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Turn them over and transfer the pan to the oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into a chop registers 135°F for medium-rare, 8 to 14 minutes, depending on thickness. Serve the chops with the tahini sauce.
Per serving: 284 calories; 17 g fat ( 4 g sat , 8 g mono ); 68 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 1 g fiber; 429 mg sodium; 432 mg potassium.
Discuss your health and nutrition in our forum!
Check out last weeks featured healthy recipe by clicking here.