Sometimes you are just in the mood for pizza. It is as simple as that. Instead of hitting up the nearest pizzeria, make your own pie which will be a lot better on the health chart. Today we are going to be sharing with you one of my personal favorite home made pizza recipes. Barbecue Chicken Pizza. Have a look below at the recipe and after you give it a go, let us know in the comments how much you love it.
- 1 chicken breast, grilled (or cooked in some other way)
- ½ cup (125 mL) barbecue sauce (any kind)
- 1½ cups (375 mL) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup (125 mL) corn kernels (frozen or cooked corn cut from the cob)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 12 in. (30 cm) unbaked pizza crust
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Spread half of the barbecue sauce evenly over the surface of the unbaked pizza crust. Sprinkle with about 1 cup (250 mL) of the shredded cheese.
- Cut the grilled chicken up into chunks or slivers. Toss with half of the barbecue sauce, then have your child arrange the pieces over the pizza crust, and sprinkle with the corn, green onions and diced tomato. Scatter the remaining cheese over everything.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned on the bottom and the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Vegetarian Barbecue Variation: Substitute 1 cup (250 mL) drained canned black beans for the chicken in the recipe.
Check out our collection of healthy recipes!