Break out your dancing shoes and your hair gel… It’s time to get back to the club!
Dance Central 3 is the latest installment in the hit dance series by Harmonix.
The game was released on October 16th of this year in North America and October 19th in Europe, Asia, Australia and Japan.
The latest installment in the franchise introduces some new elements to the Dance Central universe, including a story mode.
The GameOn Review Team got together, put their dancing shoes on and partied into the wee hours of the night for this one. Check out our review below for our impressions on this game.
For the Cole’s Notes version, check out the highlights below…
- Builds on game features already included in first two Dance Central games.
- New stop motion camera during freestyle mode allows for neat pictures to share with friends on Facebook (You even get an achievement for it!)
- Game includes a full story mode for people looking for a challenge, but want to play by themselves.
- Music selection is strong, plus additional tracks can be imported from the first two Dance Central games.
- New multiplayer modes add to games fun factor. Strike a Pose changes up how the game is played, while new Team Battle mode allows up to eight players to join in.
- Even though you can import songs from Dance Central 1 and 2, you will have to pay additional Microsoft Points for the service, even if you own the first two games!
- Hand motion controls on the Kinect are a bit touchy, with narrow options to select on the screen.
- Voice commands can be tough to pick up in a loud setting, which is exactly what Dance Central games are typically used for.
- Despite a few minor flaws, Dance Central 3 delivers what it promises, a solid, dancing experience that is enjoyable for all ages. This game is great for a party setting and also serves as a great low-intensity workout.
If you are looking for a new dance game to try out, you should pick this one up. It makes great use of the Kinect and you’ll have the game’s music stuck in your head for days!
Score – 4.5/5
Special thanks to Erin Rhodenizer for hosting our Dance Central 3 party and being a part of this review. Also thanks to Shayla Brissette and Blaze Dobson for being a part of this review as well.
Big thanks to special guest Spawn for showing up. Never expected that one!