Episode 30 of GameOn is here! Another major milestone for the team here at GameNTrain!
It’s the fourth week of the Month of Music, as our stroll down memory lane continues!
We go through GameNTrain’s choices of some of the top songs of all time, with our focus this week on the 16-bit era! Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Turbo Grahx-16, all of these systems are represented today!
We’ve also got more great interviews in this week’s show.
We’re joined by Brian Mazzaferri of I Fight Dragons! Brian talks about what led to the formation of I Fight Dragons and what influenced the sound of I Fight Dragons.
We’re also joined by Matt Mosteller of Resorts of the Canadian Rockies. Matt is back on the show this week to talk about his new book!
GameOn Contributor Kyle Born is back on the show this week with a doozy of an interview! Kyle got a chance to talk with Chris Claremont, one of the most successful writers of all time! Chris is the man responsible for famous X-Men characters like Rogue and Sabretooth. Kyle talked to Chris ahead of the Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo, so be sure to tune in for that interview!
The GameOn Review Team gets together this week to take a look at Dance Central 3! GameOn Host Jeff Johnson takes a look at this fun game, along with his support team of Erin, Shayla, Blaze… and Spawn!?
And in week four of the Month of Music, we’re looking at the gems of the 16-bit era! Today’s episode features the following songs…
1. Devil’s Crush – Main Table Theme
2. Y’s III – Valestein Castle – Composed by Mieko Ishikawa
3. Final Fantasy IV – Boss Battle Theme – Composed by Nobuo Uematsu
4. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past – Dark World – Composed by Koji Kondo
5. Super Castlevania IV – Simon’s Theme – Composed by Masanori Adachi, Taro Kudo
6. Golden Axe 2 – Battle of Ravaged Village
7. Street Fighter 2 – Guile’s Theme – Composed byYoko Shimomura, Isao Abe
8. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – Chemical Plant Zone – Composed by Masato Nakamara
9. Final Fantasy V – Battle of the Big Bridge – Composed by Nobuo Uematsu
10. Streets of Rage 2 – Go Straight – Composed by Yuzo Koshiro, Motohiro Kawashima
11. Star Fox – Corneria – Composed by Hajime Hirasawa
12. Secret of Mana – The Sorceror – Composed by Hiroki Kikuta
13. Doom – At Doom’s Gate – Composed by Bobby Prince
14. Mega Man X – Storm Eagle Theme – Composed by Setsuo Yamamoto, Makoto Tomozawa, Yuki Iwai, Yuko Takehasa, Toshihito Horiyama
15. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 – Final Boss Theme – Composed by Brad Buxer, Bobby Brooks, Darryl Ross, Geoff Grace, Doug Grigsby III, Scirocco, Michael Jackson, Sachio Ogawa, Yoshiaki Kashima, Tatsuyuki Maeda, Tomonori Sawada, Masayuki Nagao and Jun Senoue (13 COMPOSERS!)
16. Final Fantasy VI – the Theme of Terra – Composed by Nobuo Uematsu
17. Super Metroid – Brinstar Plant Overgrowth – Composed by Kenji Yamamoto, Minako Hamano
18. Illusion of Gaia – The Guardian – Composed by Yasuhiro Kawasaki
19. Sonic and Knuckles – Doomsday Zone Theme – Sachio Ogawa, Yoshiaki Kashima, Tatsuyuki Maeda, Tomonori Sawada, Matsuyuki Nagoo, Jun Senoue and Howard Drossin
20. Donkey Kong Country – Aquatic Ambiance – David Wise, Robin Beanland, Eveline Fischer Novakoni
21. Earthbound – Pokey Means Business – Keiichi Suzuki, Hirokazu Tanaka
22. Chrono Trigger – World Revolution – Composed by Yasunori Mitsuda, Kuji Horii, Yoshinori Katase
23. Super Mario RPG – Beware the Forest Mushrooms – Composed by Yuko Shimomura, Koji Kondo, Nobuo Uematsu
24. Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals – Composed by Yasunori Shiono
25. Mega Man X3 – The Zero Theme – Kinuyo Yamashita
26. I Fight Dragons – The Geeks Will Inherit the Eath
Thanks for listening! Join us every Thursday for another exciting episode of GameOn!
Audio was used for this podcast from the following sources;
Video games – Contra, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario 64, Mortal Kombat II, Metal Gear Solid, Super Mario Bros 3, Star Fox 64, Super Mario Bros, Mass Effect 2, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Bros 2, Dr. Mario, Red Dead Redemption, Darkwing Duck, Zelda 2,
Internet – Leeroy Jenkins, Rejected Cartoons, Cinemassacre.com, JamesNintendoNerd, Little Kuriboh (Yu-gi-oh! Abridged)
Movies – Mortal Kombat, Wayne’s World, SpaceBalls, Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Back to the Future, Zoolander, Super Mario Bros: The Movie, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail, Rocky
TV series – Spongebob Squarepants, Futurama, Family Guy, World Wrestling Entertainment, Dragon Ball Z, G Gundam, The Simpsons, Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Sat AM, Family Matters, WWE, WCW.
Music (Excluding the songs listed above) – The Easton Ellises – Liquorstore, Motorhead – The Game, Disturbed – The Game, Drowning Pool – The Game, Cindy Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Gamestage Music #1 – Smashes Cupcakes, Wreck – Jim Johnston, Yacht – Utopia (Instrumental), Stephen Millis – Luigi’s Haunted Travel Theme (There Will Be Brawl soundtrack), Waterflame – Run!, Stage 3-1 – Mike Tyson’s Punch-out Medley, Giuseppe Cilfone – Crazy Experiment, You’re the Best Around – Joe Esposito, Don Henley – Dirty Laundry
A big thank you to our interview guests for this week’s episode, Brian Mazzaferri of I Fight Dragons, Matt Mosteller of the Resorts of the Canadian Rockies and comic writer Chris Claremont
For more info on Brian Mazzaferri and I Fight Dragons, check out http://www.ifightdragons.com/
For the latest updates on Matt Mosteller or to order his new book, you can check out the following link, http://www.amazon.com/Adventurers-Guide-Living-Happy-Life/dp/1624670091
For more information on the many accomplishments of Chris Claremont, check out http://www.chrisclaremont.com/
Big thanks to Harmonix for supplying us with a review copy of Dance Central 3! To find out more about this game, check out our review at http://gamentrain.com/gameon-review-dance-central-3/ or go to Microsoft’s website at hThank you to Pro Fitness and Independent Isagenix consultant Rick Voisey for their support in Fighting for Fitness.
For more info about Pro Fitness in Cranbrook, check out their website, http://www.pro-fitness.ca/
For more info about Isagenix from Cranbrook local Derrick Voisey, check out http://derrickvoisey.isagenix.com/ca/en/landing_toxic.html#
Also, be sure to check out our contest on GameNTrain to win 2800 Microsoft Points to use on XBox Live Arcade! Contest closes on Thursday, November 1st. For more details, join the GameNTrain Fan Club! http://gamentrain.com/join-the-gnt-fan-club/
Thank you to our team of contributors for their constant support. Big thanks this week goes to Kyle Born for his awesome interview with Chris Claremont! Our team will continue to grow and prosper as we go forward!
Thanks to Natalie Hoover for providing the new voice for the GameOn intro. Visit Natalie for your voiceover needs at http://www.nataliehoover.com/
Thanks once again to the Easton Ellises. They are the band that contributed GameOn’s theme song, Liquorstore. Be sure to check them out at their website. http://www.theeastonellises.com/
You can listen to Episode 30 live on Thursday, October 25th on 88.3 CKXU in Lethbridge, Alberta. Listen live at http://ckxu.com/
You can also listen to GameOn live on CJ 106.5 on Thursday, October 25th in Brandon, Manitoba. Listen live at http://cj-106.assiniboine.net/
If you are interested in joining the GameOn podcast team, be sure to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to make your thoughts known on what you like about GameOn, leave a post below or hit us up at the GameNTrain forum!